Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chihuly at the Salk


I've just came home from a once in a lifetime exhibition: Chihuly at the Salk. It was mind blowing! You can read about him and his art - I don't want to go into details - he is just a genius to me. He took the glass blowing medium to a level that I've never seen before.

His larger than life scaled organic shapes and forms, colors cooperated amazingly with the world famous Louis Kahn designed twin buildings' strict geometric shapes - and the ocean view as a background....breathtaking! ( and photographers' paradise!:) You don't have to be a glass lover to experience the magic here.

( I'm still wondering how they can transport the exhibition??)

More pictures are here

No comments:

The Lounge

Thanks for visiting!:)

Try Handmade

traffic

fused glass, art, music, everyday life

visitors

Total Pageviews