Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Book review: Lotta Jansdotter - Handmade Living

I've just bought Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living book. I like handmade, I like Scandinavian style, I like living.....so this book is for me.:) It is full with useful, elegantly simple ideas.... but not just these make this book very inspiring to me..... As an European who lives in the US, I can relate to many of her approaches. I too have to keep a measurement conversion table on the side of my fridge :) I still prefer homemade food over take outs, I think good taste is more important than expensive furniture, I believe that with some creativity you can make a stylish, unique home - which expresses you and not your financial status... and I'm too used to smaller scale of apartments - like most of Europeans:) ... etc. And yes, I also think: Less is more!:)

Lotta's book is not an "idea book" - it is an inspiration to a happy and creative life - which can be within reach for everyone.
Legujabb konyvelmeny design temaban: Lotta Jansdotter: Handmade Living c. konyve. Lotta 20 eves kora korul kerult Svedorszagbol Amerikaba, jelenleg Brooklynban el csaladjaval. Textiltervezo.  A konyvben sok apro, hasznalhato otlet van - de igazan nem csak  ezert hatott ram inspiralolag - hanem,mint Amerikaban elo europai nagyon sok mindent elunk meg hasonloan - mai napig nekem is ott a hutoszekreny oldalan a tablazat, aminek segitsegevel tudom atvaltani az europai/amerikai mertekegysegeket:) - en is ugy gondolom, hogy kis kreativitassal, izlessel mindenki szamara megvalosithato egy stilusos, kellemes otthon, ami a benne elok egyeniseget tukrozi es nem az anyagi helyzetet.....
 
Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living: A Fresh Take on Scandinavian Style
Photographs by Jenny Hallengren
Chronicle Books
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

The Lounge

Thanks for visiting!:)

Try Handmade

traffic

fused glass, art, music, everyday life

visitors

Total Pageviews